Quick & Easy Chili
This is a super fast chili recipe and tastes great. Use a good salsa, the salsa and the seasonings are the key to making this chili so good.
Author: Amy Garrett
Recipe type: Soup, Main Dish
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2½ cups tomato sauce
- 1.5 cups jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can light or dark red kidney beans
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Sour Cream. optional
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown the ground beef, then add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, or until the onion is tender. Drain any grease, if desired.
- Add the seasonings, tomato sauce, salsa, and kidney beans. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Top each serving with shredded cheese and sour cream, if desired