Clam Stuffed Mushrooms
I first made these for Christmas 2008 and they’ve been included in every holiday meal since, a favourite of all ages.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 8 -10
- 20 fresh mushrooms , stems removed (I also pulled off the inner edge to “open up” the mushroom to allow more filling)
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style seasoning
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups butter , melted
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Arrange mushroom caps hollow side up in the baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together minced clams, garlic, Parmesan cheese, onion, bread crumbs, green bell pepper, parsley, Italian-style seasoning and black pepper. Slowly stir in approximately 1/2 the butter, enough to make the mixture slightly moist.
Generously fill the mushroom caps with the clam mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with remaining butter.
Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.