using that recipe….they’re kinda scary. :hide The house still smells like mustard. I’m going to try pickling them like cucumber slices and see what happens.
While searching for something to make for dinner tonight, I found this recipe for Zucchini “Crab” Cakes (I hope my typo of “crap” isn’t a sign…… )
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, and butter or margarine. Stir in seasoned crumbs, minced onion, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into patties. Dredge in flour.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.
The ironic part of this is we just cleaned out all the cupboards and I threw away a bunch of spices we never use or were old. Once of them being a 2 year old can of Old Bay that I used once :lol Doh! Even funnier, a reviewer mentioned using Emeril’s Essence and I ALSO threw it away! So I’m off to see what I can use as a substitute….
I’m also on the lookout for a zucchini relish recipe if anyone has one to share! Thanks for the suggestion Jessica =)